IAS Medical’s air ambulance services from South Africa have been developed to put your mind at ease, by taking care of every step of the medical repatriation process.
Our complete bed-to-bed service includes:
- Collecting the patient from their hospital ward in South Africa
- Obtaining and translating the patient’s medical notes
- Providing highly-trained medical teams to accompany the patient to their destination
- Organising the patient’s admission to an NHS or private hospital in the UK
- Transferring the patient from the aircraft to the hospital via a ground ambulance
If there’s anything else you may need as part of this service, don’t hesitate to let our team know and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please request a call back and we will be in touch soon.
Our air ambulance aircraft
When you book an air ambulance from South Africa, the type of aircraft we provide will depend on a range of factors, including the medical condition of the patient, specific requirements the patient may have and the number of relatives accompanying the patient on the flight.
Typically, our air ambulances from South Africa will be one of the following aircraft:
If you’d like more detailed information about the aircraft we use, the equipment available on-board or the experienced crew who will accompany the patient, please get in touch with our team and they will be happy to help.