Monday 11 December 2017
ops@iasmedical.com Request a Call Back Online Air Ambulance Quote
European Air Ambulance Service From Spain to UK

Family of burn victim respond to speculation

Filed under: Air Ambulance Use Stories — Posted by: Andrew on February 27, 2012

Eight-year-old Cairan Davies of Ammanford is recovering after his accident where he is believed to have burnt himself whilst playing in his bedroom on a Nintendo Wii. He was picked up by an Air Ambulance who landed close to his house, where police and fire crews also arrived.

Eight percent of the burns were found on his chest and his arms which resulted in him having to have a skin graft.

According to the fire service, he had been using candles to substitute infrared on the console, which was broken.

The incident took place on February the 13th when the location of the incident, Tirydail Square, was left motionless.

The Air Ambulance flew him to Swansea’s Morriston Hospital, who scheduled his skin graft.

The Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said that the victim appeared to be playing on the console at the time of the incident and that it could have been prevented if he had not been allowed to play with matches.

Parents James Setterfield and Sarah Davies strongly deny that this was the case.

“The truth is at the moment no-one knows what happened. There has not been an investigation and Cairan is too upset to speak about the incident. We would like to stress we do not allow any of our children to play with matches. The speculation has led to members of our family — including Cairan’s siblings — being questioned in the street by members of the public, which is very upsetting for them. We please ask that this speculation ceases, as it is not helpful”.

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment