IAS Medical received certification on 14th October 2017 from the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) for ground, fixed wing and rotor wing transport of critically ill patients.
The accreditation is a valued testament to the service we offer here at IAS Medical, demonstrating our commitment to delivering the highest of standards of care. We are amongst only a handful of UK-based private air ambulance suppliers to have gained this accreditation, meeting a thorough criteria to do so.
CAMTS certification prioritises the provision of high-quality patient care onboard a safe transport environment. Service providers must meet a set of specific, related factors, in order to achieve and maintain this status.
The accreditation process
IAS Medical was assessed on a range of requirements to gain CAMTS accreditation, including:
- More than 40 hours of guidance from CAMTS staff, with expert advice and assistance for IAS staff.
- Over 150 hours of surveying the service site, studying the Program Information Form over the course of the site visit.
- A review process of 20 hours involving the CAMTS Board of Directors, making any necessary recommendations.
The benefits of CAMTS accreditation
- Accreditation and inclusion on the list of certified service providers boosts credibility and gains service distinction.
- Acknowledges the ability of the accredited to provide consistent, current professional practice, recognised by peers within the industry.
IAS Medical Partners
IAS Medical are proud partners with Embrace, a Sheffield-based air ambulance provider for critically ill children and babies.